READ ON ABOUT:

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

(One of) the BEST Birthdays EVER!

So yesterday I turned TWENTY. YIPEE! It was so much fun. The night before Anthony had promised to make me dinner (I will mention now that this birthday was the birthday of fattening me up apparently). He made pork ribs with green beans and KOOLAID. Very Fancy.


I made him promise to take a picture of me at 1:30 AM when he got up for work.
I am since regretting that decision. I look very nice, don't I?
We drove to Fremont after he got off work and my mom took us out to lunch.
Ed, Joe, Ant, Tom at BJ'S (where Tommy works)
My limes! I love limes!
Me and Mom
Ant actually finished his whole pizza. Not that this is a big feat for him - but apparently most people don't eat the whole thing so...
They brought me this Pizookie thingie. It is a warm cookie with ice cream on top. SOO GOOD. But I shared it with everyone of course.


Then we went by Anthony's to do nothing as usual (doing nothing really doesn't mean NOTHING. There is always SOMETHING going on in that house)

The girls and Renee had made a treasure hunt for me to find my gift.
I had to explore the backyard
The kitchen
and I had a nice little crew follow me around the house looking for the next "hint"
Some of the clues were really tough.
FINALLY! I found my new beach chair in Mary's room! It was so awesome and I love it. The best treasure hunt EVER.
hint hint. I like treasure hunts. hint hint

Jacqueline, Sarah, Me and Mary
Later on Joe and Renee took us all to Fentons for ICE CREAM.
I had never been there so this was a big deal.
Pay the meter. Don't pay the meter. Pay the meter. Don't pay the meter.
Sarah and I posed with a meter while they decided.
We attempted to look good for a picture.
And we did!!!!!
This guy has eaten at Fenton's too many times I think.
Ant and Renee

Sarah had a heck of a time taking a picture of me without it being blurry.
She finally exclaimed, "You don't work with my camera Kelsey!"
And then I got a nice Birthday Song sung to me by the whole restaurant!





Me and Renee
Sarah was cold.
Finally we drove home - back to the Santy Crooz - and I forced Anthony to stay awake long enough to take a final photo before my countdown to 21 started.

Tehehe. I love birthdays. Can you tell?

ON WITH THE GIFTS!!!
My cards :)
Games from mom - yay! I love games and we only had two so I am so excited to play them all!
Dad gave me a shirt and a much needed keychain. (I lose a lot of keys)
Tommy got me this glass for my collection.
Eddie wrote me a nice letter.
Jacqueline made me a card
candles
a magnet

and a bracelet which I have yet to take a photo of.
Sarah made me a card
and this box. There are some riddles in there and those pipe cleaners are me and Anthony (who by the way was not given a head in this representation).
And the raccoons that haunt our yard even gave me a gift. They stamped a little present on my new chair last night.
Isn't that so nice?

Happy birthday to me!
Now we get to celebrate Jacqueline's, Joe's, Meredith's, Tommy's, Grandma Weems's, Aunt Judy's, and Cayle's. Should be a nice long birthday month!

Thanks everybody!

-Kels

1 comment:

Brian Miller said...

wow. happy belated birthday. looks like a great time!

will drop back tomorrow for tt!