READ ON ABOUT:

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Theme Thursday: VACATION

Link back to Theme Thursday HERE

Vacation. I used to think of a vacation as any sort of resting period where you really didn't have any obligations. Now that I live in this vacation-esque town I sometimes feel like I'm on vacation all the time. I don't know anyone or do much of anything besides work and go to school so obligations run pretty low as well. I know - you must feel so sorry for me. hehehe.

Lately though, vacations seem more like travels. Places you want to see or be a part of in some way. Vacation could even mean going to a place you've been two times or even a hundred times before - but you still enjoy visiting.

Here is a shorthand list of some of my upcoming (at some point in my life) vacations:

Disneyland.

Chartes Cathedral

Palestine

The Grand Canyon
Washington D.C. and the Lincoln Memorial
I'd like to visit each state in the U.S. and spend a good amount of time visiting places of Colonial interest and Civil War interest.
And go back to Pearl Harbor. And see the Vietnam Memorial.

and of course...

Hearst Castle - I'd like to see it a bit closer up than this:

Ok... This list could go on and on but I have to make lunch.
Good day,
Kels

5 comments:

The Clever Pup said...

Thanks for your list Kels, can I call you Kels? Funny isn't it, we fall in love with a place and we MUST go back, but there is so much more to see in the world

I hope the Blogger thing works out.

Sandra Leigh said...

I hope you get to visit all your dream destinations and more.

Jaime said...

Hearst castle - excellent choice. i've only been there once, a long time ago, but it was great

The Silver Fox said...

Some excellent choices, there. A friend and former employer of mine goes to Disney World (not Disneyland) so often I'll bet the employees call him by name. And being a "Citizen Kane" freak, I've always wanted to see Hearst Castle, too!

Brian Miller said...

ohhh such a wonderful list. nice job on the haircut as well. happy TT!