READ ON ABOUT:

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Seuss' Secret Art

Pretty much every parent loves Dr. Seuss. Okay not every parent. But - as a babysitter they have always been my favorite books to read to kids. They are the sort of books you get to sing/read and that always makes babysitting more fun, right?

Anyway... everyone recognizes these sort of Seuss illustrations:




But do you recognize these?

One of the ladies I babysit for has these humongous framed prints of Seuss Secret Art in her son's room. They cost thousands of dollars and triple in price (just like anything else) when they sell out. She also has this book of all of his secret art. I found it fascinating. Artist's always astound me with their personal lives.

Many people know that Dr. Seuss was very political - but did you know that he hated kids?

Anyway. I personally think his secret art is very exciting and has comfortable ties with his commercially available art which makes it a lot easier to transition into viewing.

To see more of his hidden art go to his website here

-Kels

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What makes you think Seuss hated kids. He was often uncomfortable around kids because he was a shy person but "hated kids"!?! I've studied Seuss for years and I'm curious as to your source for that information.

Seuss Lover

Kelsey said...

I had heard it a few times in my life. I'm sure you're right - that's why people don't use info from blogs when they write papers. The common dumbo doesn't know much of the truth.

-Kels