READ ON ABOUT:

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Legion of Honor - San Francisco

On Saturday Anthony and I took the girls to the Legion of Honor and the De Young Museums in San Francisco. I don't know for sure about Jacqueline - but Anthony and Sarah had a horrible time and did their best to ruin it for the rest of us. I really couldn't ask for much more from a bored 7 year old but... Anthony, seriously?!

It was still worth it for me though as I am completely obsessed with pre-modern art right now.
Here's a recap of the day:

We got locked out of the car immediately upon arrival. We waited over a hour for the tow-truck and kept ourselves busy by playing hand games from elementary school.
So cool!
This place is humongous
In front of the fountain
This is at the De Young - it is an installation made of pieces of an old Baptist church that was burned down. This was just about the only thing I liked at the De Young.
Adam and Eve in Eden
An Illuminated Manuscript - this thing is huge!
De La Robia
One of my favorite El Grecco's
El Grecco's painting of St. Francis I believe
I'm not sure but I think this is a deposition painting of Jesus but I don't see any blood.

I also go to see a special exhibit of Faberge, Tiffany, and Lalique but we couldn't take photos in there. Tiffany and Co. made some pretty beautiful stuff back in the day and they are still very popular today (Tiffany lamps) as well as the Faberge eggs that everyone loves.

Ahhh... to be an artist at the turn of century - what it must have been like.

-Kels

No comments: