READ ON ABOUT:

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Theme Thursday: GLASS

It's Thursday again and we all know what that means.... THEME THURSDAY.

I was really excited about this one when it was announced - but now I'm struggling to come up with something to say.

Last week I posted my jar of glass pieces that Anthony and I have collected the last few weeks from the beach.

I decided that today I'll share what my plan is for these pieces.
Most of them are brown and green so I thought it would be fun to make a mosaic out of them for Christmas. I'm going to try and do a Christmas tree and then use the white pieces (and the few other colors we found) for ornaments and such.

Of course it won't be as skilled as something like this:

Empress Theodora Wall Mosaic from the San Vitale Ravenna, Italy (526 - 547 AD)

But who knows? Maybe it will turn out to look nice. Nice enough for me anyway.

-Kels

9 comments:

Evening Light Writer said...

I love mosaics! I remember in grade school when we made them with colored tissue paper, I always loved that.

Your project is going to be lovely, I can tell by your other projects.

Cuppa Jo said...

We must all have ambitions. As a matter of fact, I have a half formed one myself of making such a mosaic, but likely not as splendid.

Mrsupole said...

I remember when I was young, I cannot remember the exact age, I made a mosaic out of dried food. Such as beans, lentils, popcorn to name a few. It was of a horse and I won something for it at school. We hung it on a wall and years later we noticed it had something moving in it. Ugh, the worms had invaded. So, a glass mosaic would be the way to go. It will last forever and never have things moving in it and eating it.

I do hope that you will take some pictures of the process, so we can see how it is going.

Oh, and you can never have too many cat pictures. I miss my dog, but now I love my cats. My cat Joey sits by my feet while I am on my laptop. The only thing is if he wants attention he bites my feet. Sometimes it hurts. But I still love him anyway.

Great post, and thanks for stopping by.

Megan said...

Ooh, I hope you do make a mosaic. What a good idea!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kels- That sounds like a great idea- a Christmas tree would be fine. I think mosaics are amazing- but need a lot of patience!

Kris McCracken said...

I like the look of that.

Jackson J said...

Hey sorry this is a little late, I've been busy and this is the first time that I've gotten on in a while but yeah, I'll be happy to follow and contribute to your blog.

Jackson

Mrsupole said...

Hi Kelsey,

Tag, your it.

Yes, you have now been tagged, please visit my site to get the rules to this meme.

Have fun.

I am always thankful for any visits that you do to my site, so please drop a line and let me know you stopped by.

God bless.

It's animals this TT, funny my first thought was my cats, but I am thinking that will be yours for some reason. I hope we get a lot of cat pictures from you. They are great. I'm thinking of whales.

Brian Miller said...

nice. be sure to post pics of the mosaic when done.