READ ON ABOUT:

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Picture Frame Jewelry Display Case

I recently found this post on Dollar Store Crafts for a new way to hold jewelery. I hate looking through my jewelry box because I can never find my necklaces and when I do finally locate one it is always wrapped around ten other things.

This cost me NO MONEY so I am very excited about it!

A friend recently gave me a bunch of her old clothes. I loved this tank top for the pattern but not to wear - so I cut it up. ssshhh!

I traced the frame backing onto the back of the fabric - this is one of the frames from the boxes in the last post.
Then I cut the square out
and used spray adhesive to attach it the the back of the frame (I also added cardboard in between so the tacks would stay in)
Doesn't it look so good?
I added tacks and hung my necklaces and some bracelets
No more digging through the jewelry box!

-Kels

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

that looks good kelsey!-jacqueline

Heather - Dollarstorecrafts.com said...

Yay! That's so awesome! Thank you for sharing! I'll mention it on Dollar Store Crafts soon!

Heather

Leah said...

This is a great idea! I have my earrings hanging on a piece of lace on my wall, so that I can admire them. I might try this too. Thank you!

Candie said...

Wow this is so cool!

Anonymous said...

hey kels, this is jacqueline, i like your new background!

awesomevegan said...

If you have enough fabric left you should make an earring holder to match (or some other accessory to wear or for your room) Maybe in small doses like as a bracelet or headband you would find the pattern more wearable :)